On Aug 20, 2004, at 3:13 Uhr, Lothar Scholz wrote:

> Hello Kirk,
>
> KH> Rails and Iowa, while having different architectures, have a lot
> of overlap
> KH> in the problems that they solve, so I have no doubt that
> programming with
> KH> Rails imparts a boost to development speed.
>
> Compared to what ?
>
> Every other solution on this planet ? I only looked at the Rails
> webpage and i must say that the differences between for example

quite honestly i think only looking at the webpage and the examples
doesnt
show enough to judge if it speeds up development or not. give it a try
=)

quite honestly i still dont understand how somebody could say rails is
'unusable'.
how many apps are out there which cant do caching and at the same time
have thousands of requests at the same time? if you are building
amazon2 rails
might just not be the right thing for you. but then again, then you
might have the
money to make it not matter anymore if there are 1 or 50 servers =)

that doesnt mean though that rails' performance wont improve. it will..