+1.

Solid comments; good initiative; Rails is good, too; looking forward to
seeing some fruit.

Dave

"Sascha Ebach" <se / hexatex.de> wrote...

.... a cms with the functionality of drupal/ezpublish (php) for example.
Some app that would make lots of ppl want to install and use it and also
make many developers want to extend and customize it to their needs.
I don't think that such a cms would take 12 months to do. Not for a
first usable version I think. And, it would probably be doable in a
third of the amount of code as in many other languages.

That is why I started such a project. ...

I will be using Rails for it since it simply is the best framework
around for this kind of job in terms of documentation and ease of use.
(Thanks David)