Joe Laughlin wrote:
> Masao Mutoh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:10:55 +0900
>> "Joe Laughlin" <Joseph.V.Laughlin / boeing.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure if I'm asking too much of Gtk::ListView, or
>>> if my implementation is slowing things down...
>>>
>>> I have a Gtk::ListStore.  The first column in the model
>>> is an object that contains about twenty attributes.  I
>>> then create a Gtk::TreeView that has one column per
>>> attribute in the object (so, around 20 attributes).  I
>>> use a cell data rendering function to connect each
>>> treeview column to each attribute in the object.
>>>
>>> Each object in the ListStore is updated with new data
>>> every X number of seconds (five, for example).
>>
>> If "cell data rendering function" means
>> Gtk::TreeViewColumn#set_cell_data_func(), It is one of
>> slowest method. It's better to avoid to use it.
>
> Yes, that's the function I'm using.  Any ideas on how to
> avoid using it?  Or is it best not to store an object in
> each row in the ListStore and instead store the
> attributes of the objects in the ListStore.
>>
>> Or, have you tried GLib::Object#freeze_notify,
>> #thaw_notify?
>> They may make your application faster.
>
> I haven't tried that, I will and get back to you.

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp seems to be down.  :(

Would I call freeze_notify on the ListStore or on the TreeView?

The rows update on time if I'm scrolling through the TreeView at the same
time that the data is updated, but if I'm not scrolling, the data shown is
much behind the updated data.  Are there any ways I can fix this?

Thanks,
Joe