Hugh writes:

> > I am pleased to announce that the 1.6.2 version
> > of Ruby for Windows in the Windows Installer format
>
> Will installing this uninstall the previous version or do I
> have to do some steps by hand?

It does not uninstall the prior version.

You can run both 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 at the same time, if you wish (which
is why I didn't think it was a good idea to automatically uninstall
anything).

To uninstall the existing release, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove
software, and choose Ruby 1.6.x.

This version of the installer uses OT (Old Technology) and so should
work correctly on more machines (especially those that had problems
with the newer Windows Installer Service).

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development