>From: "Ben Tilly" <ben_tilly / hotmail.com>
>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: [ruby-talk:10975] Re: RCR Summary 02/16/01
>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:58:49 +0900
>
>Do you mind just anyone adding a request?  I was about to
>and then thought better of it.

Well, I don't really mind right now, but thought I should get folks in the
habit of posting stuff to ruby-talk, and I'll summarize on the wiki.  That
way, as we grow, things won't get too chaotic (well, they will for me, but
not for the community ;) with everyone posting their own items to the wiki.

>There are three requests I have actually.  All connected
>to enabling Ruby to catch most of my typos.
>
>1. Have a pragma to lexically turn off the ability
>   to declare a variable as a variable just by
>   assigning to it.
>
>2. Add an explicit alternate way to declare a variable.
>
>3. Keep track of what symbols are currently in use as
>   method names, and add an assertion that all methods
>   accessed in the current class should now be defined
>   or inherited.  (An assertion that you would normally
>   place at the end of a class.)
>
>Those 3 should make a reasonable spellchecker between
>them. :-)
>
>Cheers,
>Ben

I'll go ahead and suggest, feel free to ignore my suggestion ;), that you
post seperately for each of these, with a little more detail/enticement to
get people talking.  As it stands, I've got a decent idea of what you want,
but could also use a little more detail for the change request summary
(especially #2).  If, for some reason, you don't want to post with more
detail, I'll try to summarize as best I can.

Mike Wilson
Unix Administrator
http://ruby.weblogs.com