I just downloaded the Windows Installation 1.6.2 and tried to run the
example on page 113-114 of PROGRAMMING RUBY and I'm getting an error.  Any
ideas on what might be wrong?  Here is the code:

require 'net/http'

pages = %w( www.rubycentral.com
            www.awl.com
            www.pragmaticprogrammer.com
           )

threads = []

for page in pages
  threads << Thread.new(page) { |myPage|

    h = Net::HTTP.new(myPage, 80)
    puts "Fetching: #{myPage}"
    resp, data = h.get('/', nil)
    puts "Got #{myPage}:  #{resp.message}"
  }
end

threads.each { |aThread|  aThread.join }

----------------------

And here is the output I get:

Fetching: www.rubycentral.com
Fetching: www.awl.com
Fetching: www.pragmaticprogrammer.com

/cygdrive/c/ruby/lib/ruby/1.6/net/protocol.rb:427:in `new': Invalid
argument - "connect(2)"(Errno::EINVAL)

    from /cygdrive/c/ruby/lib/ruby/1.6/net/protocol.rb:427:in `new'
    from Ruby1:20:in `join'
    from Ruby1:20
    from Ruby1:20:in `each'
    from Ruby1:20
    from Ruby1:20

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm new to Ruby, so I'm not very
familiar with the windows install and any of its peculiarities.  Also, as a
side note, I tried to run the pig.rbw and the scroll.rbw examples in the
samples\tk directory and they both crashed RubyWin.exe.  FYI, I'm running
Windows 2000 Server.  I ran a Net::HTTP test last night on my home machine
(win2k professional) using version 1.6.1 and didn't have this error.  Could
the latest windows install perhaps have introduced some more problems?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Carl Youngblood