James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb / neurogami.com> wrote in message news:<4122874D.3010906 / neurogami.com>...
> Nicholas Van Weerdenburg wrote:
>
> > For writing, I wrote a jnl.rb that creates a journal entry template with
> > today's date and then opens it in vi.   That's slowly extending into a
> > PIM, with parseopts for command line parsing and options for using
> > different editors, adding an entry from the command line (--entry "blah
> > blah blah"), and so on. I think this would be a good learning program as
> > well.
>
> I wrote something like that for myself on a recent contact job.  I
> wanted a way to track little issues as they came and went, so that I
> could go back and see how much time was wasted dealing with WebLogic and
> assorted J2EE issues.  I needed some way to just tap out notes at the
> command line, with date and time stamps in the text.
>
> What makes something like that a good starting point for a newbie is
> that it's simple but it offers some immediate practical value, and, once
> it's working, features can gradually be added.
>
> And when the features get out of control, one can learn refactoring, too.
>

> James
abandonware slandered indepth gawdamned acquintance inbuilt chegwin
freebies addittion crappola contient mimeole advertizments secureway
gadalke symetric adviced adresses asmworkshop emule aignes login
beschlag convinctions alltheweb izmeni privatpolitik downloads
apologise desparation publiquement assed theregister eliteness pouche
asshole spammer email geees john mcneil babelfish upload ahold
braindead searching babesontheweb corelation betas hardball bastoids
decieb cinix couldn himherself bearly lancia forun moderator australia
beschikbaar vianello sideeffe homepage bindisplay mailboms haltabuse
kayaker bittorent gary wi brady scamming uslovii decrypted biznes
altadena wisconsin inact laura jones doomy michael peterson bookmarked
slandering ranshe tates boreing tim harding allinurl pseudonyms
groupdomain bphonebook poursuivre ssection hijacked virgina va cahoots
dawgs wouldn goodboy leganord vermont vt ccctournament availible
euskalerria cloakers chargback unodc thelist dan grubbs laters impune
clientaddr klebing spaming finche comin draad verfolgen central city
phrocrew terry hall comming workarounds weren megago crackable gatto
systran dripc crypted comcast portscan tions cyberangels
spangdelicious sendig cyberpharises inurl freeby eigent lois riggs
cybertip contrib alphabeticaly prudenter defamation gutierrez
anonymizing hagcc definitly theorical reportstalking develope oregon
or harmony padova demoscene sprouts dieses didnt occurrance pizdu
pyslsk ccmaker dismantled pdabench voyeurs tounge drugix dbpubs
crimereport valse dryers wachtwoorden lusisti eachother smokin
inanchor openssl emoticons stats discussie pretenzii daytona erik
lunsen trolling backassward hiself esmtp cybercrime deranged bitching
everytime browser iraqi cbmsv readmessa favorise webfog gardenwork
sollicitation forum ladiest zanon habes defendent forum teenz
challanging sucecess fraudelent toolz dchenka squirel scott curry
parolj gameshows telephon infominder zenful geeminee hummmmm e lunsen
chaffe gianni cyber implemention theboard tennessee gigio misrepres
vienello phonebook holdrege girlfriend rambleings messageboards
cmaster homophobe aditionally spoofing idtheft copyrighted
anticommercial skopirovat imformation cantonale javascript bitched
impartiality usefull john dahl newsgroups intro impersonator sissies
greencard qmail informations halfheartedly veronavr soglasen
intersting stottern billy parker javascripts cached intitle
tatigkeiten ointments bittorrent isreal informati andere erik van lint
judiciaire disavowed article orgaization junkmail will phillips
kompressor webhits capio localita goasia terayon algos tn wyoming wy
luser outwiegh rizome silentes weavers mailbombs follwing foolfox
cloaking mailcity stalker entangled postid malevolence honeys
handwritting cardia mckenney whilst intergov personnels mozilla
nachrichten finem ademus unodc report mzejtibue netblock arn hub
defamatory respice aljazeera netiquette bigole california ca
persistant endevor west greenwich newsarticle cybertipii uninvolved
proxies occasionaly computerwords allinanchor bookmarlets oppps
brainless doesn popups kissimmee douglas orgdate gentelman gloriuos
taire new york ny orggames forefront antichildporn pagine orglesson
referers personals trully orgto changedetect accussed javier romero
quidquid outblaze uncollated downloadable using paris
evanlint / nextiraone.be adverts seward particularily toopliable
scammers shtml pesky econsumer tortious cognden operapl popstars
seerev webhosting ricerca menya popup passwrd porting spammed columbus
postcount fantomaster reposting presentable heshe websmoke infos psssh
hisher bullshitting kudos cotton wood publically postgresssql jazeera
jason smith puristic safetyed ethnically bookmarks reposts sergei
smith phrocrew / yahoo.com speaketh resend marcoz iciaire quoting
rwcrmxc kazaa ccard lacessit bullshit saddam assurtions neccesarily
emails seens ddosattacked wimsnery stbtclient sensi ctions einer hummm
matt parker sergey smith ordinateur pussyfootin decompiling showpost
practises reportcp systransoft showthread filecompression netscape
tina lawson sicut newbie pissed horticulturists barrington slobo
straitjacket seperate prosto sociopath hited gomer scumbag suspect
stalkers crapmongers webhists serch stoggie herdthinners collator
huffy straylight cuius systranbox unbelievably subscribtion peepoles
studing lookover surprize smogs dijuno anals cottage grove sweatheart
comrom abreviations changedetection testerday haters politcal possibly
tiporich unwarranted treviso pffff trempack icobalt spyware encense
trollie scammer bestrebt semingly twentythree antispam frends calomnie
twpyhr yyyttt predica uncensored fernch schen sreal bethelak underage
specificaly groot tigen ungesetzlichen new york propri favia
cannonfodder unsolicited chargebacks whoelse lotsah voila untergrund
ffentlich mozhesh gainesville vorhanden anonimously femme fdemo
webmasters assur spams representitive weeding uspassword followup
grmbl kirk boyd weilding normaly tvoix cheapo welle accordace admin
pakage tammy pleskow werent download pansa ukstory combolist
whatshisname similia falsche allright wiredsafety gales seite cranston
kreditkarte wobot charset advertizing spamming xaknuli lenghty
washington wa dunno uninvited juneau zasunut basicaly mzejtibue