Curt Hibbs wrote:
> This release candidate of the One-Click Installer for Windows
> adds the FreeRIDE Ruby IDE (which has full source code
> navigation and a graphical debugger), and updates ruby-odbc
> to version 0.994.
>
> As soon as Matz releases Ruby 1.8.2 final, then we will release
> the final 1.8.2 version of the One-Click Installer
>
> Curt
>
> You can download this release candidate from:
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167

When I downloaded the .exe using Firebird 0.6, the browser seems to
think the file type is.gz, though the file name ends in .exe.  (Then
Firebird takes it upon itself to append this extension to the file name.
  Dopey.)

This could be a Mozilla bug, but might the download page be sending a
response header stating that the file's MIME type is gzip?

(I believe that when you add a file to the download section on
RubyForge, you  need to indicate the file type, so perhaps it is set to
gzip.)

Thanks,

James