On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 06:47:26 +0900, Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this is obvious; I haven't really been following the RubyGems
> hopla. However, I searched but didn't find an answer so here goes...
>
> Shouldn't "gem install X --install-stub" work recursively so that not
> only the top-level loading of the gem is done but it also works for
> files deeper down in the dir?
>
> Example:
>
> gem install net-ssh --install-stub
>
> install net/ssh.rb which is stub that loads the gem. However, when I
> have installed net-ssh I would expect
>
> require 'net/ssh/sftp'
>
> to work out of the box. It currently doesnt.
>
> Any plans to fix this or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything.  We're planning to add the ability to
specify other files that can be stubbed.  Right now, though you *can*
do:

require_gem 'net-ssh'
require 'net/ssh/sftp'

Would our proposed change work?  We are avoiding stubbing every single
file in the lib, and allowing gem authors to specify the ones that
would make sense (as in sftp).

Thanks!
Chad