"John van V." <john_van_v / yahoo.com> wrote:
>--- Robert Dawson and Yukihiro Matsumoto..
>
> > > From my experience as a Christian missionary long time ago...
> > Wow.....
> >
> > is there anything this man hasn't done!!!!!
> >
> > missionary and great programming language in one.
>
>Uncanny... Larry W's dad was a missionary, I think his linuguistics
>interest
>led to perl...

His linguistics interest certainly led to his having some
unorthodox opinions about what a programming language
should look like.  Without that there certainly would have
never been anything like Perl.

>(btw, that was me... all I did was post the url w/o any comments to
>encourage
>the same for perl)

That is not entirely in accord with what I heard.

Perhaps instead of, "It wasn't me, guv!" a more useful
response might be to figure out how you wound up with a
flame war, and how to avoid that in the future.

Anyways, this is seriously off topic for this list and
ther is no point in continuing this publically.

Cheers,
Ben