From: Aleksi Niemel? <aleksi.niemela / cinnober.com>
Subject: [ruby-talk:10919] Re: Making Hash from two lists
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 02:58:20 +0900

> Kenichi Komiya and David Alan Black:
> > >   Q1: Do you think this is worth including to core Ruby?
> >
> > Yes.  I tend to think in terms of Array#to_hash more than
> > Hash#from_array, but perhaps both (?).
>
> I'm sure they're useful to have around, but I'm not convinced they should be
> in Ruby core.

Yes, that was the exact reason I wanted to put my snipet into
some online cookbook.  There are always codes that are useful
but too small to make their own entry in RAA.  Not all of them
should be in the Ruby core.  Thus the online cook book is
definitely useful.

> > >   Q3: I belive there was a discussion to create a snipet
> > >       repository, which archives useful but small code examples.
> > >       Is this facility already online?
> >
> > I can only answer from one perspective, namely that of the Ruby
> > Garden, which is intended to be more of a workshop than a repository,
> > though possibly that too.  The answer is that it isn't online yet.
> > However, I defer to others who may have repositories of various
> > kinds up and running.
>
> Well, my browser is Mozilla, and it seems to be better than yours since it
> finds Ruby Garden, it's online cook book and couple of simple recipes
> written by some anonymous lad
>
>   http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyOnlineCookbook
>
> Anyway, I guess what you meant and I agree. The full blown cook book with
> contribution and growing (farming) functionality isn't there yet. Only
> simple Wiki.

What is missing is an example entry.  I do not see how code
snipet like mine are supposed to be submitted.

Kenich Komiya.