> I don't understand why the rpa folks had to reinvent
> the packaging
> wheel here: the service they offer is orthogonal to
> Gems, and could
> have used Gems as the distribution mechanism.

I often have a phrase
"Don't reinvent the wheel......... Unless its not
round"

I'm sorry, but I really doubt RubyGems is round.
Rpa-base is oval shaped right now. I am hoping batsman
will get a team together to have inspections of
software. This will not eliminate all security
problems, but it will put a big dent in the security
problems. A QA team is what is needed to inspect
software to 1) make sure it works 2) give it some
security analysis at least

Heck, I never got around to packaging anything for
batsman. I was pretty scared off by what I seen in the
library "raimbo" and the bot program "raimbot". The
source code looked horrible. Style was bad, there were
not enough checks, and the guy who wrote it must have
been sick. *Actually, he was a college kiddie trying
to program* (har har, good joke) X)

I hope batsman can make rpa-base round as he can get
it.

-- David Ross
-- Phone: 865.539.3798
-- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo.com