On Friday 13 August 2004 11:01, Robert Feldt wrote:
> Is the qt one useable on windows? If not i'd like to see a ruvi that can
> be run on windows. gtk2 should work but wxruby or fox might be better.
>
> And emacs bindings would be great, btw. ;)

I also like ruvi .. but I probably should consider myself as a competitor.
Some say that competition is good... (ruvi's author and I are still friends?)
;-)

I released a new AEditor version yesterday.. (the announcement I posted to
rubytalk doesn't seem to have showed up in the rubytalk archives? weird).. So
allow me to advertise a little for AEditor.

screenshots
http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?MainThemes

AEditor is also an editor written entirely in Ruby.. but for fox, and has been
reported to work on Windows. More info can be found here

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/aeditor/

AEditor 1.5 has these features

aeditor --selftest   # ->  299 tests, 1203 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors
syntax coloring of ruby files
multi buffers
option for autoindent
option for skipping tabs or moving through tabs
option for tabsize
configuration file
easy to make custom themes
ruby license

AEditor 1.5 uses these keybindings

Esc           Return to normal mode (turn off selectionmode)
CTRL-Z        Undo
CTRL-SHIFT-Z  Redo
CTRL-O        Open File
CTRL-S        Save File
CTRL-F        Find text
CTRL-R        Replace text
CTRL-M        Fullscreen / Window mode
CTRL-Left     Prev word
CTRL-Right    Next word
CTRL-1        Switch to 1st buffer
CTRL-2        Switch to 2nd buffer
CTRL-3        Switch to 3rd buffer
SHIFT-Left    Unindent line / Unindent selection
SHIFT-Right   Indent line / Indent selection
SHIFT-Up      Exchange with line above
SHIFT-Down    Exchange with line below
F1            [ debug - inspect aeditor internals ]
F2            - unused -
F3            repeat search
F4            incremental centering
F5            selection on/off  (turn off copies to clipboard)
F6            paste from clipboard
F7            cut selection
F8            Place bookmark on current line
F9            Jump to next bookmark
F10           Record/Stop
F11           Play Macro
F12           Next Buffer