On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 05:44:01PM +0900, Sascha Ebach wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> >fancy a qt frontend? 300 lines of code for the
> >current version. fancy a gtk2 frontend? will
> >come to around the same as soon as i get the
> >energy to do it :)
>
> Oh my. That sounds great. Can't wait for that. It is amazing how fast
> you emulated so much functionality of vim with that little code. That
> should really give the static programming languages loving ppl something
> to think about. Great work!

thanks :)

note, there is basically zero ed implementation
as of now. feature requests are generally finished
pretty quickly though.

> Will there be a rumacs? Just joking ;)

i have nothing fundamental against providing
emacs key bindings, just that i've no interest
in coding it either as i put aside emacs for
vi over 5 years ago already :)

have more interest in hacking on borland c++ 3.0
style bindings in fact. so maybe when i've hacked
that in emacs bindings could be done by someone
with a clue :)

how many people are interested in a gtk2 frontend?
if i can have a show of 5 or more hands then i'll
prioritize this.

cheers,
Alex