[Aimed at Alexander, but I'm sure others will be interested.]

What's the motivation behind ruvi?  Your web page (last I looked) was a
bit bare in this department.

If you're cloning vim as much as possible, and not adding other features,
why would a person use ruvi instead of vim?  (Is it the speed? ;P)

If, as I suspect, ruvi will contain the excellent feature of Ruby
scriptability, I believe the greater outcome would be to patch Vim for
this feature[1].  Bram would be interested, wouldn't he?  That way, we
could benefit from Vim's general excellence and years of development, plus
all the existing Vim scripts.

If, as is another strong possibility, you're one of those people who just
has to write a text editor at some point in your life, good luck to you :)
 It's an interesting project to inspect, even if I don't really use it.

Cheers,
Gavin

[1] Yes, vim has a Ruby interface ATM, but it's very limited.