On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:48:56AM +0900, Doug Kearns wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 07:16:05AM +0900, Carl Youngblood wrote:
> > This would probably be a departure from vi, but one thing that I've
> > been longing for is an editor like Textpad or Ultraedit on windows
> > that keeps a side list of all open files and allows me to bounce
> > quickly between them.
>
> There are a number of vim plugins that provide this functionality such
> as, http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=107

minibufexpl (with a few minor local changes that i made - different
keybindings) is probably the best one of these. but... for all
the minimal functionality it provides, it astonishes me that
its *53k* of code. the core of ruvi itself is only 100k!
i'd imagine a minibufexpl replacement plugin for ruvi would be
around 40 to 50 lines of code maximum. the plugin could be coded
now thanks to the flexibility ruby provides. maybe i'll do it
some time soon in fact :)

Alex

--
Ummmmm ... Beeeeeeeeerrr.....