On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:05:07 GMT,
Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
> Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! I'd never heard of this, but it does indeed look ideal. My
>> biggest issue with LaTeX was the awkwardness of mixing in graphics, and
>> lout looks like it solves that.
>
> Okay, this was even easier than I thought :)
>
> There's a preliminary release up at
>
> http://zem.novylen.net/ruby/scrabpp-0.1.zip

great!

> Can someone think up a nice platform-independent way of detecting whether
> lout is installed and running it as a final step if it is? Or will I
> have to require a path_to_lout config variable?

path_to_lout would be the best, as it is not widely used under windows,
I think. And, IIRC, you get a zip-archive for windows, which you can
unpack whereever you like.

OTOH, people using it will have lout.exe in their path somewhere, so
if all else fails, you could search the directories ... OTTH, they
might have a batch file somewhere hiding the path from the outside
world...

path_to_lout seems to be the simplest thing that could work.

s.