On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:01:11 +0900, Thomas Uehlinger
<th.uehlinger / gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to remote install some gems, but i only get
>
> uehli@localhost uehli $ gem install --remote rake
> Attempting remote installation of 'rake'
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
>     Could not find rake (> 0) in the repository
>
> I found out that 'gem' correctly downloads http://gems.rubyforge.org/yaml.Z,
> but fails afterwards.
>
> uehli@localhost uehli $ gem -v
> 0.7.0
> uehli@localhost uehli $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.9.0 (2004-08-11) [i686-linux]

Hi Thomas.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem, and I'm in a kind of limited
environment in the office.  My only guess is that it might be a
problem with ruby 1.9.0.  Do you have a 1.8.* build you could try it
with?  Otherwise, I can send you a patch later that will give us more
information.

Thanks,
Chad