On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:54:53AM +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:
> 1. A Ruby interpreter ported to Mono?
> 2. A native (x86/whatever) interpreter that spits out CIL bytecodes?
> 3. A combo of these? An interpreter ported to Mono that outputs Mono?
> 4. A library that simply allows calling the CLR and such?
> 5. Or something else entirely?

i've got a small c extension to bind to system.reflection.emit
thusly allowing generation and execution of cil bytecode / dlls.
if anyones interested just mail me. got the basics of a trivial
ruth/ast based interpreter working also, got so far as to make
it successfully execute stuff like "a = 5; a += 8; puts a" :P

but... mono ain't all that interesting to me other than
for interoperability so i've since switched to the parrot
backend route... and then gave up on that as it was so buggy
several months ago when i tested it, and now i've restarted
the effort using a pure native code generator : libjit.

cheers,
Alex