Mauricio FernŠŌdez wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:41:46AM +0900, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>
>>This seems to happen for anything I try to install with rpa:
>>
>># rpa install ri-rpa
>>Installing ports
>>Getting port ri-rpa from
>>http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ri-rpa_0.1-4.rps.
>>100% [========================================] 264704 bytes
>>Error: unrecognized arguments ri-rpa aborting
>

> This is very strange, cause
>
> batsman@tux-chan:/tmp/ruby1.9/lib$ grep -r "unrecognized" *
> getoptlong.rb:    set_error(InvalidOption, "unrecognized option `#{argument}'")
> open-uri.rb:        raise ArgumentError, "unrecognized option: #{k}"
>
> batsman@tux-chan:~/src/rpa/rpa-base$ grep -r "unrecognized" *
> lib/rpa/.svn/text-base/open-uri.rb.svn-base:        raise ArgumentError, "unrecognized option: #{k}"
> lib/rpa/open-uri.rb:        raise ArgumentError, "unrecognized option: #{k}"
>
> I don't know where that "unrecognized arguments" comes from.

Tried to run it in gdb to see where it was when exit() was called, but
running it in gdb "fixed" the problem:

# rpa install ri-rpa
Installing ports
Getting port ri-rpa from
http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ri-rpa_0.1-4.rps.
100% [========================================] 264704 bytes
Error: unrecognized arguments ri-rpa aborting
# gdb ruby
GNU gdb 5.3-22mdk (Mandrake Linux)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) r /usr/local/bin/rpa install ri-rpa
Starting program: /home/local/bin/ruby /usr/local/bin/rpa install ri-rpa
Installing ports
Getting port ri-rpa from
http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/ri-rpa_0.1-4.rps.
100% [========================================] 264704 bytes
Building ri-rpa (0.1-4).
Building dependencies rdoc.
Getting port rdoc from http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/rdoc_1.8.1-3.rps.
100% [========================================] 94208 bytes
Building rdoc (1.8.1-3).

This experience is repeated with other packages (I tried net-ssh):

# ruby /usr/local/bin/rpa install net-ssh
Installing ports
Getting port net-ssh from
http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/net-ssh_0.0.5-1.rp
100% [========================================] 117760 bytes
Error: unrecognized arguments net-ssh aborting
# gdb ruby
GNU gdb 5.3-22mdk (Mandrake Linux)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) r /usr/local/bin/rpa install net-ssh
Starting program: /home/local/bin/ruby /usr/local/bin/rpa install net-ssh
Installing ports
Getting port net-ssh from
http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/net-ssh_0.0.5-1.rp
Building net-ssh (0.0.5-1).
Generating RI data files.
Generating RDoc HTML documentation.

What could be different about running in gdb? My normal shell is zsh,
but bash has the same effect.

Once a package is installed, doing "rpa install" on it again succeeds
(detecting no changes).

RPA seems to work fine for me on windows, anyway.