btw, i am able to get my scripts running by hardcoding the path to
eruby.so in eruby-run.rb.  here's my (temporarily) edited eruby-run.rb

45: require "/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux-gnu/eruby"

so this is a problem with the location of the .so.  i'll start poking
around to find out where everything needs to go.  :)

sean