"Donal K. Fellows" wrote:

> Carsten Zerbst wrote:
> > I think a 8.4 release is quite urgent. Many people think  Tcl is dead, a
> > new release would help advocating Tcl a lot.
>
> Well, another alpha release is probably a good thing.  But not just yet
> as there are still a bunch of things that may well get included that
> are very snazzy...
>
> And we *need* more widgets.  That is 100% vital!

That would certainly make many Perl, Python, and Ruby users of Tk happy.

Have you put out requests for help to the Perl and Python newsgroups?
(Cameron Laird has already solicited comp.lang.ruby en passant, but
occasional follow-ups might snag a helpful new Ruby/Tk fan or two.) The
more recent good news of Jeffrey Hobbs being able to work full time
again on Tcl thanks to ActiveState might also encourage some people who
were previously reluctant to get involved.

--
Conrad Schneiker