Hi everyone,

as I promised a little while ago, I wrote a book review of 'Programming
Ruby' for kuro5hin.org (if you don't know the site, it's a weblog like
Slashdot, except the users choose the stories, lengthier discussions
are encouraged, and trolling is not tolerated). I gave the book a rating
of 9/10. I think I was fair, but I'd be happy to discuss my comments
with other readers of the book, or even the authors themselves. The
review is here:

    http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/2/14/0517/26279

In the review, I didn't spend too much time discussing the merits of
the Ruby language itself. Some of the comments are from users asking
questions like: 'Ruby seems like Smalltalk to me. How is Ruby
different?' So if you'd like to do some unadulterated advocacy,
here's a good chance.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway / home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
        -- Douglas Adams