Florian Gross wrote:

> The mapping is really [context, variable] => object --
> and as I already
> mentioned above you can have multiple variables with the same name in
> different contexts.
ok, but it should be no problem since we are always in some context when
invoking a method (the same for Object#names ). so this method would just
look into variables of the actual context.

> it isn't even
> designed to go from object => variable (that would be slow, because
> you'd need to iterate over the variable table)
this matters though :)

> I have done an extension that boxes Variables into Objects, it uses some
> deep trickery to accomplish that. I've attached it and a dependency of it.
perhaps it will help me at some places.
thank you anyway for making it available.

regards,

benny