On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:18:42 +0900, Richard Kilmer <rich / infoether.com> wrote:
> Last week we upgraded the line that RubyForge is on, and in the beginning
> had pretty dismal performance.  Last Thursday our ISP tweaked the link and
> performance *seems to be* really good.  I was wondering if folks that have
> used RubyForge over the weekend (for Web, downloads, CVS, etc) can give me
> their thoughts...direct emails to me would be fine if we want to keep this
> traffic off-list.

I found CVS performance acceptable. The website, however, is typically
slow. The problem, I think, is not so much the actual speed of the
server or the line, but that it looks like the pages are highly
complex and not cached (and neither are the images?) in any way. It's
bad when I can see Firefox rendering each element individually.

--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca