Hi,

From: brk / jenkon.com
Subject: [ruby-talk:10862] RE:  component architecture for Ruby?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:53:41 +0900

> I'll be starting work on the XPCOM port shortly, with assistance from Mark
> Hammond, who wrote the Python XPCOM bindings.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Bryn

I also working on XPCOM staff.

I must admit that I am very new to XPCOM staff (I have 'touched'
CORBA staff in the past, but that is all my experience with
Component staff).

My current goal is making oneway interface from Ruby to XPCOM
wolrd.  With it Ruby scripts can be clients of XPCOM components.
Allowing Ruby scripts implement XPCOM components will require a
lot more work.

My work is in the very early stage.  I have got initial spike
solution almost working.  But I have not prepared a codebase
which is stable enough to share with others.  I hope I can
register something to RAA within a month.  (Do not expect you
can scripit Mozilla wiht it, though.)

Any idea about how we can cooperate togather?

Regards,
Komiya.