On Monday 09 August 2004 13:09, "Pe, Botp" wrote:
> Simon Strandgaard [mailto:neoneye / adslhome.dk] wrote:
> > AEditor .. snip
>
> thanks for the aeditor and the rpa package. it took me just a few minutes
> to install and run (the rpa --force is handy).
>
> though the display is snappy now (as compared to old ver), I think it is
> not refreshed during scrolls. I notice this if I move the cursor down to
> the end of the file and then up to the beginning again.. as if the
> scrolling of the window is not functioning..
>
> hope I was clear =)

yes very clear.. unfortunatly I cannot get scrolling to work on windows. I
attempted to get it working on my parents windows box earlier today, but was
unsuccessful. The code that does the scrolling works ok UNIX, but apparently
not on Windows.

Thanks for your report.

I have no idea why Fxruby doesn't like this code?  Any suggestions?

def install_vertical_scroll_callback(view)
  if /mswin/ =~ PLATFORM
    # blit copy apparently doesn't work on windows?
    # TODO: figure out why drawArea doesn't do anything on windows.
    return
  end
  return unless OPTION_OPTIMIZE_VERTICAL_SCROLL
  view.set_vscroll_callback do |y1, y2, count|
    puts "vscroll y1=#{y1} y2=#{y2} count=#{count}"
    fh = @font.fontHeight
    sx = 0
    sy = y1 * fh
    sw = @back_buffer.width
    sh = count * fh
    dy = y2 * fh
    dx = 0
    FXDCWindow.new(@back_buffer) do |dc|
    	dc.drawArea(@back_buffer, sx, sy, sw, sh, dx, dy)
    end
    # do scrolling of the arrays where we keep track of the output
    # NOTE: maybe its necessary to clone the lines
    @output_valid[y2, count] = @output_valid[y1, count] #.map{|i| i.clone}
    @lines[y2, count] = @lines[y1, count] #.map{|i| i.clone}

Simon Strandgaard