On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:29:17 GMT,
Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to write a ruby program that will output a postscript
> representation of a scrabble board. Some of the things I thought of are
>
> 1. Generate LaTeX

easy

> 2. Generate SVG/Dia

never done this

> 3. Generate postscript directly

you'll need to work with low-level stuff like character sizes ...

> 4. Draw on a canvas and use its ps output method

never done this.

> Has anyone tried anything similar? If I go with option 4, which toolkit
> has the nicest canvas class?
>
> martin

FWIW, I'm writing my bills via a YAML-Ruby-Lout-combo.

Lout is closer to PostScript and does not have some of TeX's more
awkward parts. And it's *very* small compared to TeX.

It should be very well suited to your problem.

s.
--
Stefan Schmiedl
Approximity GmbH                                      http://www.approximity.com