Reinder Verlinde wrote:

> "it works pretty well", combined with "it runs under apple's X11" really
> means that it is not a Mac application at all, and Mac users will in all
> likelihood not find it a suitable solution.
>
> Reinder

You're probably right; but then again, there aren't ANY toolkits that do
any better than that for cross-platform with OSX. wxwidgets technically
works on OSX, but it's kind of a pain. I got it to compile once, but
then I couldn't get python's wxPython to work with it and gave up. (I
was trying to get the bittorrent wxPython stuff working.)

Any others that exist (Including the local ruby favorite fox) only work
under X11 anyway.

(I believe QT is actually an exception to this, and they now provide a
fully native OSX Framework. Are there ruby bindings for QT?)

--
Rando Christensen
<eyez / illuzionz.org>