Kirk Haines wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:41:20 +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote
> [...]
> The genesis of this was David's desire to display a Gannt table generated
> with the SVG library from Sean Russel.  He hated the idea of saving it off
> to a temporary file just to display it once, so he hacked Iowa so that he
> could inline it.  A method call generates the SVG image and Iowa takes care
> of making sure that the URL in the content, when accessed, invokes that
> method.  So the SVG image gets generated on the fly without ever having to
> be stored on disk, but as the developer, all you have to do is provide the
> method to generate the SVG.  It's pretty neat.

This sounds really good. But is it possible to generate "real" images
(jpg, png) on-the-fly? Generating the image is no problem, but
associating the image data with an URL is a bit harder. I tried this in
Borges, and it did work, but it was a bit awkward IIRC.

And, is there a way to split the .iwa files into pure Ruby files (.rb)
and binding files (.whatever)? Or allow Ruby code at the beginning of an
.iwa file without the need to surround it with <% ... %>. For example, I
don't want to change the .iwa file if a binding changes. And I want the
Ruby source code to be syntax-highlighted (do you have a vim syntax
definition for .iwa files? ;-).

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

   Michael