hello,

just a few thoughts.
Today I received the current issue of "Linux Magazine"
There is an article about .NET from Microsoft.

The author tells, the component based software construction will
be very important.
On Linux, there is Java with JavaBeans which is controlled by Sun.

And there are two open source efforts the author mentions, namely Bonobo
(from Gnome) and XPCOM (from Mozilla)

I thinks the author ist right, when he claims, that component based software
development will be important, especially for big programms.
And because I think, Ruby is well suited for bis programms,
I was wandering, if there are any stable ports of Bonobo or XPCOM for
Ruby.??

I think, that Ruby has the potential to became very important, maybe the Perl
of the new century. but for this, I think a good component model would
be very useful.

best regards

Markus Jais