Conrad Schneiker wrote:

> Franz GEIGER wrote:
>
> # Subject: Even Tcl/Tk goes ActiveSTATE
>
> "Even Tcl/Tk ...."?  Better be a bit more careful about how you talk
> about the people who are now in a position to invite you into their
> exclusive little club. :-) The least you could say is that this is

;^)   See below

> potentially great news for keeping Ruby/Tk viable.

I thought Ruby's language binding to Tk was complete.  I always have
an open ear (or email box), although I have to admit I know nothing
about the Ruby innards (Tk, OTOH, is a good friend).

> # Tcl/Tk goes ActiveSTATE (see below). Shouldn't Ruby go ActiveSTATE
> # too?
>
> Sure (albeit cautiously so). But what would that involve in practice?
> Likely that they would need to hire at least one very strong
> low-level Ruby developer, and maybe take on Matz and the pragmatic

Well, one developer with confident knowledge of low-level Ruby would
suffice to start.  The key is that relocation to Vancouver, BC would be
something important.  If someone is interested, they can send me mail
(please CC, as I'm undergoing the move to Vancouver myself right now).

--
  Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
  Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/