Clifford Heath <cjh-nospam / nospaManagesoft.com> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>> Although the mutex and monitor classes also can work
>> here, I prefer Sync_m in this case because its name reflects the exact
>> use to which I am putting it: synchronization.
>
> Except of course that you are in fact doing the exact opposite
> of synchronizing - you're *asynchronizing*. Or enforcing MUTual
> EXclusion... names mean different things to different people,
> you seem to have absorbed the inverted (Java?) meaning of
> "synchronize" :-).

Yes, I guess I have.  But then again, each of these mixins (Mutex_m,
MonitorMixin, Sync_m) has a method called "synchronize" which is used in
pretty much the same way as the Java keyword by the same name ...

  Java:

    synchronize(object) {
      ... do stuff ...
    }

  Ruby:

    object.extend(Mutex_m)

    object.synchronize {
      ... do stuff ...
    }

> Nice little program BTW, thanks for posting it, if inadvertently.

Thanks!

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com