Stephen White wrote:

# Whatever you edit in the buffers is immediately loaded into irb when
# you exit. Try "Test.new.greet". You can do "a.help" as well.
#
# Here's the source code. It's not good enough for public use, but if
# there's no interest from other people then I'll know not to expend
# the effort to polish it up other than to add stuff for myself. :)

To answer your question, IMHO, this is both a cute toy and the start
of something.

Although in a quick experiment I pretty quickly confused it, I think
this is a neat idea. I think that it could perhaps use a Ruby/Tk
wrapper that gives you an indication of the current buffer status and
has a popup menu button for viewing a list of buffers. I think it
would also be handy if you automagically saved and recalled buffers
from some predefined repository. (Maybe you could keep the last
several versions of each buffer, to facilitate a simple undo mode.)

To make this a *really* cute toy (albeit a tutorial one),  you could have
predefined methods that dynamically grabbed various examples from the Ruby
Rocks book and placed them into other buffers. And the code that did this
could itself be in other, predefined buffers, for people to toy with.

Conrad Schneiker