Hi --

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Mike Wilson wrote:

> >From: "Conrad Schneiker" <schneik / us.ibm.com>
> >
> >Mike Wilson wrote:
> >
> ># >From: matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
> ># >I'm doing this job for years.  I don't feel the formal proposal
> ># >process like PEP is needed.  The only problem I've met is that I often
> ># >forget topics/requests/proposals.  So that even unformal list of
> ># >proposals (on Wiki) would help me a lot, I think.
> >#
> ># Ok, I've created http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyChangeRequest.  On
> ># that page there are some basic directions and links to
> ># http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyProperRCR and
> ># http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyStandardLibraryRCR
> >#
> ># If there are no problems with this, and everyone's happy, I'll
> ># request that it be pointed to in the FAQ.
> >
> >As a procedural matter, I think you might want to request that people
> >discuss proposed additions on the net first, and only add the things to
> >this area that Matz finds more or less suitable.
>
> I figured most people would take it to ruby-talk first.  In the case that
> they didn't, I had planned on posting it myself on their behalf.
  [...]

I'm a little confused about how the Wiki area and this list/newsgroup
are intended to relate to each other.  There's a "NeedDiscussion"
section on the Wiki.  But if we want to keep discussion here, and use
the Wiki more or less as a dynamic, Matz-approved to-do list, then
won't "NeedDiscussion" be counterproductive, since it will be likely
to draw submission and/or discussion of proposals away from the list?

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net