Hello jim,

>> However i think it is quite easy to emulate some form of macro
>> functionality in Ruby. Here is some simple code:

jfo> I've heard Matz say that Ruby will not support macros.

And i hope that he never changes his opinion at this topic.

jfo> They are too easily abused and can mutate the language.

They easily make code much more unreadable. I think that languages
like D, C# etc now exactly why they don't want something like macros.

As said before lisp is different because of the general S-Expression
style of this language.

I remember an asian saying about thinks like this:

"Der Kluge f?gt jeden Tag etwas hinzu,
 Der Weise entfernt jeden Tag etwas".

 Translated to english it is something like:

 "The clever man adds something every day,
 The wise man removes something every day".