In article <cel0la$2sto$1 / ulysses.noc.ntua.gr>,
George Moschovitis  <gm / navel.gr> wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>one of the features of the LISP family of languages that is missing from
>Ruby are macros. I think they are useful on a lot of occasions so
>I would like to see Ruby support macros in the future.

<code snipped>

>Once again i was suprised to find out that Ruby is so powerful!
>
>However I would like to hear your opinion on this code. Is there any
>problem I have overlooked? Is there a better implementation? Could this
>be better designed?
>
>If anyone finds it usefull I could create a small package with
>doc+examples and upload it to RAA.
>

>have fun,
>George Moschovitis

I've never used Lisp so I'm not too familiar with Lisp macros and I know
that Matz isn't too fond of macros.  However, I can't help feeling that
you've created something quite cool here and I'd certainly like to see
more.

Please do post something on the RAA!  Maybe you could put it up on
rubyforge?

Phil