Rando Christensen wrote:

> This was my point. Lothar has no obligation to fix bugs in this software
> just because he wants to complain about them. A lot of open source
> zealots love to pull this card, saying "stop complaining or fix it
> yourself and send the author a patch", and it's pretty annoying.

While I sort of tend to CTBW (code talks, bullshit walks), I agree.

I've worked in more than one place where management had an interesting
way to delegate responsibility.  If you saw a problem, or thought of a
way to maybe improve things, and actually spoke up, you were "rewarded"
by being put in charge of making the change, or researching the details,
or some other task that amounted to more work but no more money.

You can imagine how effective that turned out to be.

James