Hugh Sasse posted this RCR (#U001) to the wiki.

       The idea of this is that methods such as sort!() would be ideal
       to use in a chain, except for its sometimes returning nil.
       I proposed that an operator (which I called cut, vaguely after
       the Prolog cut) would break the chain in the case where it was
       used with a nil receiver. Otherwise it would just pass on the
       receiver.

       At present I cannot access the archives for some unknown reason,
       but I hope to come back and amend this entry when I can find pointers
       to the discussions on this.
       <HughSasse>

Please discuss.

note: U001 - U refers to status -> Undetermined
             A refers to status -> Approved
             D refers to status -> Denied
I will assign numbers (i.e. please don't number them as you send stuff to
ruby-talk)