> I thought I'd give it a try on Win2K.
>
> It took a bit of time to figure out how to construct
> a basic
> window/form.  I still don't see how to attach code
> to controls.

mmmm. I have seen it somewhere. Oh right... its in the
procedures. you have to create procedures, then double
click on them, it will open your favorite editor, I
think you can set the editor in options.

> Help does not work correctly.  It attempts to load
> this URL

Its main aim was unix oriented systems and the
T-Engine. I guess patches could be made, is this on
all the help or just that one?

> It would be nice if each page in the set of help Web
> pages had a "next"
> and "previous" link, as right now one has to go back
> to the table of
> contents to move to find the link to move to the
> next section.

the documentation is *HUGE*. There should be.. would
be nice. I think that there are no comments in the
code specifically because they stripped comments out.
If the comments were in per say UTF8(which I guess
they have thier own parser) the sources would be
double the size.

> So far,  don't find it all too intuitive.    Little
> things seem awkward.

Yes, I do too, I have even found bugs that I will end
up writing patches for. There is something strange
with the WSNdata in the tree and list controls in the
wsbuilder gui.

>   For example, when I click on the 'Save' icon, I
> get a message box
> telling me some things have changed, and do I want
> to save them?  Well,
> yes.  That's why I clicked the 'Save' icon.

:) I know, I laughed at this. It saves on exit asking
you the same question, and saves when you click
compile. I should patch the gui all to hell, I found a
memory leak in 1 widget in the ObjectViewer that lets
you drag and drop widgets so you don't have to learn
the names.. if you would. try creating a progress bar
from the objectViewer, It could be a library problem
on my system, unsure.

> And  WS Builder doesn't respond to Alt-F4.

was not aimed to be on windows. Maybe I could take a
look at this "horrible" code (/me laughs) lothar_troll
is talking about later. I did look at the code too, I
did see no problem with that type of style, names were
defined very well where I could look and tell what it
was, but then again, I know how to code well.

--David

Brought to you by #1 IRC asshole
Trolls deserve to be knocked on thier ass
Good people deserve respect
drossruby / yahoo.com