"Truth is important, knock down the trolls on thier
ass
Only good people deserve respect"

You know. you are the biggest troll I have ever seen
on the mailing list. Really, stop. I'm not kidding. It
has all you need. Its free as well, no strings
attached. I don't know what the hell your problem is,
but stop. Below is my sample app I constructed in 15
minutes after learning the interface. it is simple to
create than others. It is very flexible as well. text
looks great widgets work great, and it looks the same
way on windows. I tried it, works fine. THanks now
stfu lothar_troll.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9394050/

You didn't even research why WideStudio was created.

> Okay i downloaded the 100 MB Win Installer and
> played a bit with
> wsbuilder. I must say that this toolkit can win the
> second price in
> the most ugly toolkit competition (the first is for
> the all time
> winner FLTK). And there is no theming to change
> this, looking at the
> code shows me that there will be no theming for a
> very long time
> because the drawing code is deeply buried in the
> source files.

Send patches

> I'm sure that the toolkit is more flexible, just
> because it uses a
> TK like approach of managing/accessing attributes by
> string names. Maybe
> not bad but quite different. The event procedures
> that simple
> functions. So writting C++ code would require extra
> overhead, but it
> is okay for different language bindings.

Send patches.

> The documentation seems not be on the state of a 3.1
> release. It
> describes methods but not which properties are
> available. There seems
> to be also no real tutorial for starters.  I must
> say that i don't
> like FAQ like tutorials, that have a lot of "How to
> " titles but no
> integrated 10 min learn the basics code.

Send patches

> From the technical point i don't like that the lib
> has no layout
> mangement (only Delphi like anchors), a very bad
> option for everybody
> who wants to do L10N. The implemented widgets are
> very very basic.
> As a toolkit written in Japan there are of course
> unicode/MBCS (?)
> handling routines. From the widget design it seems
> to be much much
> harder to write or adapt widgets as it is in FOX/QT.
> I just looked at
> the "WSClist.cpp" source code to find a place where
> i can overwrite
> the item draw method to use my own custom draw hook.
> It's not
> possible. But looking at the source code, hey man
> that code is ugly and
> completely comment free. Other things, radio+check
> buttons must always
> be grouped, so there seems to be also no good
> separation for
> layout/logic in the toolkit.

send patches or shut up.

> So i think it is good that this is a dead project.

You are trolling. Stop

> Don't waste your
> time to try to work with this toolkit. After working
> about 8 years
> with writting GUI's i can tell you that the afford
> you need to bring
> this upto date (compared to GTK/QT/FOX) is too
> expensive and i really
> doubt that you will find so much programmers helping
> you.

not really.

> Oh yes i forgot, the WxBuilder - the GUI builder -
> is nothing where
> anybody want's to write larger dialogs.

umm works fine for large guis.

Brought to you by the world biggest IRC asshole
Truth is important, knock down the trolls on thier ass
Only good people deserve respect
David Ross
drossruby / yahoo.com