Mike Wilson wrote:

# >From: matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
# >I'm doing this job for years.  I don't feel the formal proposal
# >process like PEP is needed.  The only problem I've met is that I often
# >forget topics/requests/proposals.  So that even unformal list of
# >proposals (on Wiki) would help me a lot, I think.
#
# Ok, I've created http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyChangeRequest.  On
# that page there are some basic directions and links to
# http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyProperRCR and
# http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyStandardLibraryRCR
#
# If there are no problems with this, and everyone's happy, I'll
# request that it be pointed to in the FAQ.

As a procedural matter, I think you might want to request that people
discuss proposed additions on the net first, and only add the things to
this area that Matz finds more or less suitable.

There should probably be another area for what may turn out to be a much
larger collection of unblessed recommendations.

Conrad Schneiker