On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:25:36 +0900, James Britt wrote:

> H: is the network share, and H:\allinoneruby.exe works better
> than H:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe ?

879 files take a lot more space than just one file. Especially
when it's NTFS...

I'll check it on my USB (VFAT). Just a minute... Ruby (MinGW)
consumes 22480 KB and AllInOneRuby eats 4672 MB. There you are!

> > > Can you give some examples where this works better than,
> > > say, exerb?
> >
> > Did I say it was better?...
>
> Not that I'm aware of. I would hazard a guess, though, that
> if you use AllInOneRuby instead of exerb then you might think
> it was better, at least for some specific tasks. So I was
> curious what those tasks might be.

It's better for my understanding of Ruby in general..

> > At least, it's simpler...
>
> That's not clear to me, but I gather at this point I should
> go try it myself.

I never managed to create an exe with Exerb. OK, I didn't try
very hard...

gegroet,
Erik V.