Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> Is there a way to define forward references to functions?  Due to my own
> personal eccentricities, I like to have the main body of a program
> appear at the top of its source file, and the functions it uses at the
> end.
In ruby, function definitions are code that gets executed, rather than
declarations that get found in the source file and put into a table.
So basically, the definitions have to come before the code that uses
them (but not before the definition of the methods that use them) in the
program flow. Therefore, if you want the main code at the top of the
file, put it in an END block or a method as already mentioned, or in a
separate file etc.
Defining stubs at the top won't work, because your main code runs before
the methods are redefined.
Sam