>From: Jon Aseltine <aseltine / cs.umass.edu>
>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: [ruby-talk:10768] Re: algorithm module(s)
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:36:17 +0900
>
>Mike Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Just an aside, I've talked to Jeffrey a bit over the last couple of days
>on
> > #ruby-lang.  Jeffrey seems to have quite a few algorithms to contribute
> > the ruby library, as you seem to do.  We had come up with the idea of
> > creating an algorithm package, to include b-trees, quicksort,
>bubblesort,
> > graphing algorithms, etc.  Maybe it would be best to create a topic on
>the
> > wiki where we could organize all of this, save a lot of duplication of
> > effort, decide exactly what people would want in an algorithm package,
>and
> > discuss the ultimate solutions.  Any objections?
>
>Sounds good. What's a wiki? :)
>
>Jon
>--

http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyAlgorithmPackage
A wiki is a website, which can sort of be modified in place by the users.
If you follow the link above, at the bottom of the page, there's a link that
says "Edit text of this page".  If you click on that link, you'll be brought
to a form where you can add your thoughts (just follow what the other folks
have done).  You can take a look at
http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?FormattingRules to get some help with
formatting.

Mike Wilson