On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:14:02 +0900, jm <jm / transact.com.au> wrote:
> A notice that there is a few diff modules of raa. Two questions,
>
> 1) Are any of these the "accepted standard"?
> 2) Can any of these take the original array/string/obj/whatever and the
> diff it generated and produce the second array that was used to
> generate the diff, ie undo the generated diff?

1) No. Algorithm::Diff by Lars is good, but it is GPL-only. Make sure
your licence is compatible. It can do some patching, and I did some
work to do some unpatching on it, but it's not in the released
version.
2) Diff::LCS 1.1 (coming soon) will support full context patching and
unpatching, but you will have to use a particular sort of call to make
it happen.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com