Curt Hibbs wrote:

> This reminds me that I want to fix the fact that tab-completion does not
> work in irb in the one-click installer -- I never knew why and I kept
> forgetting to ask.

This topic's been knocked about on the discussion list for the
(Poignant) Guide.  I don't know if this is the same set of files that
Gabriele is offering, but it works for me:

  http://whytheluckystiff.net/ruby/dist/readline.so-for-1.8.zip

Two files inside.  Place readline.dll in $RUBY/bin.  The readline.so
goes in $RUBY/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-mswin32.  Then, to get Irb working with
Readline:

  irb --readline -r irb/completion

Or the ~/.irbrc that Raph offered will work as well.

_why