Hi,

I don't believe potentially incubating a Ruby vs ESR, or Ruby vs Language
<insert>, or Ruby vs <insert favourite source of frustration>.  Is at all
beneficial.  For a well written article see "Why I Hate Advocacy" by
Mark-Jason Dominus http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/12/advocacy.html on the Perl
site.

ESR is entitled to his opinions; at the end of the day he is just a person
like *most* everyone else on this list. :)  In addition it should be noted
that his reference to Ruby (and Squeak) is trivial, literally a single
sentence.

Lastly I was curious to the degree that he espouses Emacs-Lisp; showing
perhaps an untamed personal bias given his proximity to the subject.  Other
die-hard Emacs users (I have become quite dependent on it myself) like Ben
Wing are more critical of Emacs-Lisp.
http://www.xemacs.org/Architecting-XEmacs/lisp-engine.html

While I fear this has added more fuel to the fire.  I can't see how it is
useful to this mailing list to pay too much attention to issues that are
often disturbingly resistant to rational argument.

BTW: G'day to all the aussies on the list.  I'm state side, but missing
home.

Marc Butler
"Politically correct is just an euphemism for euphemism."