Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com> wrote in message news:<26E1696A-DF46-11D8-B8BD-000A95676A62 / pragprog.com>...
> Try running it in the directory where the .rb file is: it might be
> having problems with the \'s in the path names

It works. Thx. Why doesn't I think of that... It seemed it have to do
with directory depth, cause it works when the .rb files are 2 to 3
directories down. I wonder why?

> No idea why it's hard wired: possibly because it isn't on the path by
> default, and therefore if there's no path RDoc can't find it anywhere.
> I'm open to suggestions... :)

Well, it can be defaulted like the hardwired value, but can be
overriden, like -o option of RDoc, or RDoc just create all the
necessary files for hh.exe to compile, and let the user call compile
the files to CHM manually (RDoc doesn't directly call hh.exe).

TIA