On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:07:21 +0900, you wrote:

>My first instinct would be to choose Tcl.

i don't think there's an easier way to write a gui app than tcl/tk.
that was the main reason i chose it to write tkblog. i'm going to be
porting it to ruby, and the only thing i haven't settled on is which
ruby gui api to use...

i was going to use wxruby, but that seems to be in a bit of a flux. i
read recently that fxruby had a small(er) footprint, so i'm leaning in
that direction

> People are doing this
>sort of work happily with each of Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, and even
>other languages.

like rebol and lua. rebol has  a wicked learning curve, but the built
in net protocols are very handy. it also has a the smallest footprint
of any of the above mentioned languages

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1